My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

A tasty life of a Japanese wife and an American husband. Visit our fun mixed cultured life. *Click on the photos to enlarge. 日本人妻とアメリカ人夫の楽しいクロスカルチャーライフをご覧下さい。写真はクリックすると拡大します。

Friday, September 30, 2005

Honeymoon:Day 1-Paris

Paris. Paris!!! Finally we are here. I already found some gorgeous looking sweets WITHIN the airport. Hmmm! Need to watch out for those. I cannot wait to go to cafe.

We took trains to Kendall's place which is 2 blocks from the Eiffel tower!! She was picking up her daughter, Nolween at her school so we were happily waiting at a cafe having our first French meal, fish soup and Grand cream (Cafe au lait) . Yummy!! It came with crouton, cheese and aioli sauce. We were not sure what to do with this aioli sauce so I put some in the soup....Uhhhh...I shouldn't have. The soup was creamy and almost like bisque. I could taste all the good shellfish, fish flavor. Mmmm, fruit de Mer!!!

Kendall and Nolween came home. They are a sweet family and I was hoping to go out together but Kendall needed to go back to US tomorrow so we were alone at her place. After we played with Nolwhen for a while, Steven and I went out for first excursion in Paris!!


The Arch de Triumph. We climbed up to the top from inside. There is a small Napoleon museum on the top and the views from there are awsome.

Champs-Elysees looking down from the arch. My dad wanted to walk with me here but I cannot do it anymore so here I am, with my love of my life. Rain got harder and we were soaked but Paris was still beautiful.... smoked salmon crepe for dinner at a restaurant off Champs-Elysees St. and walked back to Kendall's place. The Eiffel tower was very pretty with lights.