My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

A tasty life of a Japanese wife and an American husband. Visit our fun mixed cultured life. *Click on the photos to enlarge. 日本人妻とアメリカ人夫の楽しいクロスカルチャーライフをご覧下さい。写真はクリックすると拡大します。

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Osechi Prep 1

I started shopping and preparation for Japanese New Year dishes, Osechi. It takes a long time since Osechi has a lot of varieties and some have long procedures. Today I made Salmon Kasuzuke (salmon marinated in sake lees.) It needs 3 to 4 days to put rich flavor into the fish so started today. This year we are invited to a New Year's party at our friend's house and we decided to take some Osechi there. I love planning and preparing Osechi dishes and I guess this came from my mom because she looks so alive when she prepares big dishes. Her shopping list and schedule list for Osechi are much longer than mine though. I am sure I will be calling/emailing her while I am making Osechi to get some instructions. Yes, she is always my Sensei (mentor) !